FUNNY LADY FILM CLUB - WORKING GIRL
For our very first episode (!!!), we watched 80’s classic WORKING GIRL with the wonderful Emmy Blotnick (Late Night With Jimmy Fallon) & Abra Tabak (Upright Citizen’s Brigade). Watch us hit on important topics like tall butts, skeezebags, and Olympia Dukakis.
And don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE for new videos every week!
- Reblogged from funnyladyfilmclub
- Reblogged from funnyladyfilmclub
FUNNY LADY FILM CLUB premieres Tuesday, March 4th!!!!!!
The theme for March is Work, B*tch! —devoted to four of our fave flicks about boss bitches making it work — AT WORK.
March 4th - Working Girl
March 11th - Nine To Five
March 18th - Broadcast News
March 25th - Baby Boom
Sizzle reel is HERE!
Fabulous funny people talking about fabulous funny movies. In the words of Ina Garten, “who wouldn’t want that?”
Join the Club. Pass the Popcorn.
- Reblogged from funnyladyfilmclub
Last night, as Danielle was watching TV, she switched over to Mixology, because the premise sounded interesting! Within the first 2 minutes she knew it was trouble, and told Alex.
So we watched it and went back and forth with all the gross things that happened. Here are our findings!
- "Girls who wear flats don’t want to get laid" Men who write TV shows don’t know anything about anything
- “girls will sleep with anything” GROSSO the narrator (has his own section) says this. It’s followed up with him making a “self-aware” statement, “they’ll even sleep with me!” Okay no, a gross character admitting he’s gross doesn’t excuse misogyny
- the main characters want to find their dumped friend, “a nice sweet drunk girl”. Yes, men who prey on a girl with impaired judgement, those are the characters I want to watch in a TV show that airs after Modern Family.
The Server breaks up with the bartender for completely normal, real, valid reasons. But she’s self-doubting, so she’s a “ditz”.
“You’re like a viking, you rape and you pillage!!” PAUSE “don’t rape her” This “humor” is so boring.
Laura breaks up with Tom (boy-man lead) as he is setting up a vacuum machine (which I am SURE is supposed to signify what a PUSSY he is, like what a FEMININE BITCH, setting up this VACCUM to do HOUSE WORK like a WOMAN and WE ALL HATE WOMEN, right??!?!?!)
Slick Rick Bartender doesn’t remember The Server’s name. Why should he? All women are interchangeable and disposable and only good for sex!
Maya, another of our leads, was raised by a man, so she’s a TOMBOY, raised like a SON, so she’s cool because she’s like a MAN and men are COOL!
- A LINE MAYA ACTUALLY SAYS: “If I said that to Don Draper he would smack me in the mouth. That’s a man!” WHAT?!?!?! That’s domestic abuse, sister!
"You’re a bitch, and Keyshawn Johnson has seen some bitches.” HUH? Keyshawn, 1) Why are you here and 2) Why did you let them make you say that?
- A Sad Single Mom says she has “three years left to find a man.” Why?! What are these bullshit deadlines?! Are we in some Elizabethan time warp where socioeconomic survival is dependent on marriage and everyone had a life expectancy of 35?!!
- Another Maya gem: “I want a man who says: ‘Respect my balls, woman!’” Ooohhh FUCK OFFFFFF, writer who wrote this woman’s lines.
Server goes back to fuck the bartender in a broom closet because she thought about it and actually she loooooooves how he forgot her name!! Nevermind that he’s a gross toolbag who treats her like shit, thats what us DUMB GIRLS ALWAYS WANT!
If we’re to believe Mixology, women can only be: Ditzs, Desperate MILFS, Bitches, Whores, Manipulators, Liars, Emotionless Sociopatchs, or Complete Fucking Idiots. IS THERE A BUZZFEED QUIZ TO FIND OUT WHICH ONE I AM?????
After getting married, Tom and Laura “moved to the super white (read: nice and safe) section of Brooklyn”
- Character we’re supposed to like and root for calls woman he just met “my exotic princess” GROSS GO DIE
- Maya’s flashback shows her non-white father being shitty, pouring beer on a baby as it’s born… why? Because they are poor and stupid!!! Ha ha ha! OMG EVERYONE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS PILOT NEEDS TO GO LIVE IN ARIZONA.
So many Black jokes! So many Asian jokes! So many jokes that aren’t jokes they’re just offensive stereotypes, we just say them with a wink so that makes it OK!!! NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE
- Apparently trying to help your mom makes you emotionally inept. Tom’s major character flaw is that he was a good son. Which has led him to grow up to be a “sniveling little bitch.”
GROSSO BEING GROSS
Choice quotes from the disgusting pseudo-date rapist who is NARRATING A HALF HOUR COMEDY:
- “This waitress is hot, I kinda wanna eat off her butt.”
“The higher the heels, the looser she feels!”
“I always thought she was a whore.”
“We should be banging super shallow questionable girls.”
“Look at that chick throwing up, I wanna bang her.”
JUST BAD WRITING
- There is a mother character who thinks she is old, like “Helen Mirren” Why? She looks 32 tops. I guess because she’s a mom? Who cares? No one else thinks that! Plus, Helen Mirren rules. Dumb reference.
- The sisters order mojitos. No one drinks mojitos.
10 lines devoted to a jerk off joke - “I’m a MAN! Why do you think I have so much Kleenex?”- Huh. Not funny.
At one point the little sister says “He looks like a Disney prince” That is her ONLY LINE in the show. To that she’s naive and innocent? And she’s uncomfortable with dick pics, so she’s a prude too. HOES N’ VIRGINS, that’s what Mixology’s about.
- When the lead idiot approaches Maya at the bar, his friends go, “He’s DEAD!!!” … Dead? The worst that is going to happen is she says no. What are these stakes? Have these people ever been to a bar before?
Laura, a woman Tom has been living with and in a relationship with for EIGHT YEARS, says “I’m over it” as a way of breaking up with him, when they are also engaged. HUMAN BEINGS DON’T ACT LIKE THIS. Laura didn’t wake up insane one day! Why not just give her one valid reason for ending it so that your total rage and hatred towards women doesn’t SEEP onto the script willy nilly??
- Tom: “I haven’t dated in awhile.” Maya (tomboy):”That would explain the shirt.” He’s wearing a plaid shirt. A red plaid shirt. THERE’S NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT. There is NOTHING aesthetically wrong with a red plaid shirt. EVERYONE OWNS ONE. THIS SHOW MAKES NO SENSE.
Why is the (only??) bartender in the back room, just STARING at a dry erase schedule board on what seems like a very busy Saturday night for an HOUR?! Do the writers know how businesses work?
No one writes their number on a napkin! Everyone has smartphones! I quote your own STUPID WRITING, MIXOLOGY, when I say “THIS IS 2013!!” (also, it’s 2014)
Just to be clear, we’re not just offended because we’re a women, or because this show continues to perpetuate all kinds of shit that just needs to stop. We’re offended because we’re human beings who own TVs and want to be entertained. How dare you, ABC? HOW DARE YOU?!
TONIGHT! The Americans is back on TV tonight!
Homina homina homina!!
- Reblogged from imperialshadows