First of all, I can’t believe I’m writing this, because it means I have to RE-WATCH Smash in order to specifically pinpoint my grudges, but I love you dear reader, so I’ll power on through.
- Ellis always. He was a non-entity in last night’s episode, but his mere presence still reeks of grodiness.
- When Megan Hilty swallows her Carnegie Mellon degree and sings Breakaway on the streets of New York.
- That blonde chorus girl friend who is ALWAYS sitting on someone’s lap. Your gay friend is not your CHAIR.
- I get that NBC is proud that they have a ~hot Indian~ in a high powered political role after being the network that brought you OUTSOURCED, but nobody cares about Dev, the British wanker who somehow ended up in the New York mayor’s office, okay? Nor his possible affair, nor his relationship with Karen- HE SUCKS.
- I’m actually torn over this, because Debra Messing’s home life contains the worst subplot of ALL- adoption/Shrek husband/the son who shall not be named but she has also has the NICEST KITCHEN!!!
- I’ll admit, I usually fast-forward the Karen heavy parts, but I’ll put her in here just for good measure. Oh wait, I remember: Derek’s fever dream where Karen is dressed up as Marilyn and scolding him. Gross.
- Poor Christian Borle has been putting in overtime trying to make this show shine like a new penny. He’s finally rewarded for his efforts by getting to actually perform in a fun number. He also gets his own storyline about being caught between a hot lawyer and a lame chorus boy and because Tom is played by Christian Borle, it’s all very charming and droll whereas under a lesser actor it would be… Ellis.
- I’ll never get tired of Anjelica Huston telling Ellis to make the donuts (or coffee, whatever).
- The steam shower number. Me likey talented dancers and singers combined with pithy numbers!!!
Next week Uma Thurman will be there for her 2 episode arc and then we’ll be back to Ivy VS Karen. Nothing like a show with no suspense whatsoever!! See you next week.